Monday, April 16, 2007
Western NY Book Arts Collaborative Meet-up and Open House at the Roycroft.
Tuesday April 17, 5:30- 8:00 p.m.
Roycroft Copper Shop- 31 S. grove St. East Aurora, NY
Join us for an informal get together of the Western NY Book Arts Collaborative on the historic Roycroft Campus!
• See the collection of letterpress equipment and progress of the campus redevelopment.
• Print your own keepsake on one of the antique presses
• View the bookbinding tool collection of Len Robinson (previously owned by Walter Jennings)
• Book arts demonstrations and WNYBAC materials available
• RCC president Doug Swift will give a short update on the growth of the Campus and the goals of future on-site artisan workshops
Free & Open to the Public ~ Refreshments served.
All visitors will also receive a complimentary copy of the most recent edition of “The FRA”, the official publication of the RCC.
This past saturday WNYBAC presented a Ludlow Type casting workshop hosted by Quality Bindery. The Ludlow is a machine that casts single lines of lead type for letterpress printing or foil stamping. Like the Monotype and Linotype machines, these are becoming scarce but are still in high demand for book artists and fine printers.
Friday, April 13, 2007
Papermaker and book artist Drew Matott earned his B.F.A in Printmaking from Buffalo State College before moving to Chicago to study at Columbia College’s Interdisciplinary MFA program in Book and Paper. He recently sent me links to his "People's Portraits of Jesus" performance and his new series of "Deep Fried" books.If you have any books that you would like him to fry, e-mail him at: drew (at) greendoorstudio (dot) net. Learn more at http://www.greendoorstudio.net/dmatott/drew.html